Monday, August 3, 2009

Blessings In Disguise

It is a Monday morning in the sweltering South, and my air conditioning is broken. That is enough to make my hair curl (wait..my hair is already naturally curly! :->) Anyway, that got my day off to a not-so-great start. I immediately went into complaining mode: "I have to miss part of work!" "My billable hours are going to go down the tubes!" "How inconvenient!" Then, all of a sudden, God started whispering to my heart, "My daughter, at least you have an air conditioner to fix. You have a roof over your head, food on your table and friends and family who love you. I will always provide." Boy, I needed to hear that! Even the small inconveniences of our lives pale in comparison to people who have no water, who are starving and who are oppressed. Let's praise God today for His many overflowing blessings! Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Julie Gillies said...

Lara,

Even though we haven't met, I MISSED you being at She Speaks! And I'm SO sorry about your air conditioner. What a dreadful time of year for it to break. Praying it is fixed fast, and that God blesses you on the job!

Lara said...

Hello sweet Julie! I missed you, too, my friend! I pray that God will help our paths to cross soon.

Everything is okey-dokey with my air - it is back on - YAY! Just in time for more 90 degree temps!

Thank you for your encouragement, Julie! Have a blessed rest of your day. <><

Tea with Tiffany said...

He speaks the same wrong words to me if I start to grumble.

:)

Thankful for your blessing in disguise.