Monday, August 10, 2009

Damaged

I have an air conditioner in my home that is on its last leg! It finally decided to stop working last week. Why do these things happen when we are in the middle of 90+ temperatures?? Anyway, the AC, in my mind, is damaged and needs to be replaced; luckily, repair people are coming out today. But the Lord brought to my mind all of the people in this world who are damaged - "walking wounded," if you will. I have been there - I was about as damaged as a person could possibly be. Did God decide to replace me like my air conditioner? Thank goodness, no! He is our beautiful healer, making all things new. Are you feeling damaged today, friend? Are you walking around today feeling as if you are beyond repair? God is ready to restore you. He loves you more than you can possibly imagine. The Bible says, "And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast." I Peter 5:10 (NIV) Believe that good news today! He will restore you! You are no longer damaged - you are a child of the King!

Many blessings to you all today!

No comments: