Thursday, August 6, 2009

A "True"ly Wonderful Thing

Have you all ever heard of "The True Campaign?" WOW - they are doing some incredibly amazing work to help stop the needless suffering associated with eating disorders. According to their website, "The True Campaign exists to end the crisis of poor self-image by challenging cultural ideals about identity and beauty, so we can be free to impact our world as God intended." How wonderful would it be to not be shackled and chained to negative body images and joyfully dance the way the Lord intended! Have you ever heard of that song by Mary-Mary called "Shackles?" "Shackles off my feet so I can dance.....I just want to praise you. I just want to praise you!" Man, my feet are tapping as I type! That is my prayer for all of you checking in today - that you would take those shackles off so you can dance. It has been a long time since my decades-long battle with anorexia and depression, but I am never that far removed from it so I can be hands and feet to someone who needs help or a kind word. I will keep you all in my prayers - guaranteed! I have attached a button to the right for "The True Campaign," and it will take you directly to their site. Check them out, and if you feel the Lord's leading to get involved, go for it! Blessings to you all today!

No comments: